Friday, June 19, 2009

Late night confessions of a Knit-aholic

Good evening/morning/evening... whatever it is! So this is the blog... and here are some of my shenanigans as of late... It all started with Jessica wanting a toque. What's that you say? "But Grace, it's the middle of June! Surely she doesn't want a toque in light of this splendid-warm-non-toque-needing- weather!" Oh but there is no stopping Jessica in her quest for the perfect toque... regardless of the season.

Meet "Jane" http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=16843540
I knit the first one in a blue variegated yarn I spun... and to be honest I didn't want to take it off my head! However, the toque was Jessica's and so I had to make my own!


Two days later... after running out of the original yarn I wanted to use... improvising with a new colour.... almost scrapping the entire toque at least three times... While eating a corn dog and watching 'So You Think You Can Dance: Australia' Season 1... Here she is... the green hippy toque of AWESOME! I dub her MILDRED.


She is hand-knit.. from hand-spun yarn... Truly I think I am a hippy... and that this toque is pure hippy-crafty- expression on a head! It was a delight to knit AND finish this toque. I have more plans up my sleeves for other toques.... I will keep y'all posted!

So what do you do? How would you characterize yourself? What creative expression might demonstrate who you are? Let us know. Share some pictures. GO CREATE!

Muah*
-Grace

1 comment:

  1. I love the toque! You make a gorgeous hippie, grace

    ReplyDelete