Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Shoes, New Continent



Hi All,

Sica here! Just wanted to give you an up date on what I have been up to. I am leaving for africa in one day!!! I am so excited to be part of an awesome team working with christian Mission Aid and the water school to teach the Masai people in Kenya about clean water. It is this amazing project called SODIS. You should check out the website. http://www.thewaterschool.org/ I am going for three weeks and I am so beyond pumped!! It has been a crazy long road to get here, but thanks to alot of praying and some really great people I am going!!! 

So in the Kenyan culture the dress is super conservative so we will have to wear skirts for the majority of the trip. I was a little freaked out at first cause of the fashion implications (I blame my mother that I care at all about fashion), my biggest concern being shoes. We can't wear sandals because of the Jibber bugs that attack your feet but Grace and I have come up with a solution that will help me with my matching obsession. Heres what we came up with


 We Started with a pair of White chucks

Then Grace and I took turns splattering them with fabric and acrylic paints 
They turned out wicked!!!

and I am sure that they will match all my outfits nicely :)

*hummm :)

Still have a bunch of stuff to do to get ready and there are a bunch of us that are having some wicked Canada Day Shenanigans tomorrow... well today I guess. More pictures of all our adventures later. Till then...

post signature



1 comment:

  1. Hey, i like your shoes...but anyway...

    ReplyDelete